Phase I – Complete
Phase I of Westwood 2020 is now complete. This phase included improvements to multiple areas of our Club, both indoors and out. The projects completed in phase I of Westwood 2020 are:
- Building restrooms adjacent to the pool bar. The pool bar has seen tremendous activity and enthusiasm since its renovation several years ago, which has brought great focus to the age-old member desire for convenient restrooms. STATUS: This project is complete.
- Retrofitting LED lighting to outdoor courts 3-6, and install new LED lighting to courts 7-10. This will address another age-old member frustration relating to the quality of our outdoor lighting, and allow us to hold nighttime USTA league matches, further solidifying our position as the #1 tennis Club in Central Virginia. STATUS: This project is complete.
- Fully rounding out our youth program facilities including:
- Modernizing our youth room with new technology, entertainment options, games and furnishings. STATUS: This project is complete.
- Renovating the squash/racquetball ground floor & mezzanine areas. The mezzanine will have retractable paneling which will enclose the viewing rails, allowing the space to be used for youth & banquet events without interfering with squash & racquetball play. This newly created venue would have seen high utilization this past summer from our (sold out) youth programs, and this fall from our (sold out) banquet calendar. Aesthetically, it will also address an area of the Club much in need of improvement. STATUS: This project is complete.
- Roughly doubling the footprint of our kids’ club, addressing an immediate capacity issue and providing space for many years to come. There will be economic efficiency here, as we will be able to separate the 0-4yr olds from the 5-8yr olds, allowing us to optimize staff resources, actually improve our compliance with local child supervision regulations, and provide a better member experience. STATUS: This project is complete.